The Duke of Tone Overdrive likewise carries forward the same simple-yet-effective control interface. Volume, Drive, and Tone knobs cover all your basic tweaks while the Boost/OD/Distortion switch allows you to set the overall attitude of the pedal’s output.Boost mode gives you a clean-yet-vigorous bump, OD mode adds a touch of grit and compression, and Distortion mode adds a touch more of each. In all modes, your rig still sounds like your rig. Don’t be afraid to get creative—the Duke of Tone Overdrive is excellent when stacked with other gain pedals, and running the pedal on 18V will give you an extra helping of headroom and clarity, especially in Boost mode.
For a sound that’s yours, but only more of it, you can’t do better than the Duke of Tone Overdrive from MXR and Analog Man. Put one on your pedalboard, and elevate your signal chain.
- A collaboration between MXR and Analog Man
- Adds warmth and grit while allowing the sound and feel of your high-end gear to shine
- Thru-hole components personally tested by Analog Mike
- Boost/OD/Distortion switch allows you to set the overall attitude of the pedal’s output
- Stack it with other gain pedals for creatively crunchy results
- Allows all of your signal chain’s nuances to come through, from strings to amp tubes